Position: Brand Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Marketing
Location: Sebastopol, California
Opportunity: The Brand Manager for Meyenberg is a core member of the Marketing & Sales department with a broad range of responsibilities, including the development and execution of clearly-defined marketing, communications and innovations strategies to support ambitious growth goals for the Meyenberg brand. This is a highly visible position with great potential for learning and growth.
Candidate: We are seeking an experienced brand marketing professional with a track record in CPG innovation as well as in developing and executing strategic marketing plans. The ideal candidate has superb communication and project management skills and a proven track record of new product development, commercialization and launch, achieving measurable consumer marketing results, independently driving projects and teams forward and working collaboratively with marketing peers as well as across other functions.
Brand strategy, planning, execution
- Develop annual integrated marketing plan and calendar and execute with excellence to deliver sales, financial and brand targets.
- Review and analyze market and sales data to identify promotional, communications and innovation opportunities.
- Serve as a brand champion and guardian for the Meyenberg brand.
- Mastermind and refine the brand’s positioning and architecture.
Insights & Innovation
- Provide project management for new product development, working cross-departmentally to drive all activities from idea to commercialization.
- Prospect opportunity to enter a new category, which will include the naming, positioning, logo development, packaging and commercialization of a new brand, in addition to ongoing management once launched.
- Continually uncover and identify new marketplace and consumer trends.
Marketing budget management
- Recommend marketing investment for the Meyenberg brand within brand portfolio and make adjustments as required to ensure budget is well controlled.
- Evaluate marketing mix and programs to understand ROMI.
Communications & community
- Work with internal and external resources to develop annual integrated communications strategies and to activate them across media mix.
- With support from the Communications Manager, generate written and visual content to effectively convey brand story.
- Engage with consumer base via all channels and create network of influencers, dietitians, nutritionists and educators to expand community of goat dairy consumers and position Meyenberg as a thought leader.
- Support the planning of and represent brand by participating in trade shows, conferences, and events.
- Provide work direction and guidance to two marketing team members.
- Nurture collaborative and consumer-oriented culture within and across departments.
- Contribute to culture of creativity, learning and mutual support within Marketing & Sales department.
Education and Experience:
- BA in Marketing, Business Administration, related field or equivalent professional work experience. MBA a plus.
- Three to five years of experience in marketing and communications, in food or CPG space. At least two years of brand management experience preferred.
- Experience in new product development and commercialization.
- Experience with digital marketing strategy and planning, as well as creating compelling content for social media
- Experience working with external agencies to develop outstanding communications and creative.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong strategic skills with experience in innovation, annual brand planning and budget management
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Research and data analysis expertise to present and leverage data-driven insights. Intellectually curious
- Very strong team player, ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams to achieve results
- Passionate about food
- Ability to work with basic supervision, self-motivation and willingness to roll up the sleeves to get the job done
Benefits: At Meyenberg, we offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. Our work environment is based on the principles of respect and integrity, that promotes team work, creativity, and individual growth.
If interested, please send your resume and a brief introduction to email@example.com and put “Meyenberg Brand Manager” in the subject line. This position is full-time, on-site at our Sebastopol based offices.